Specialist, Marketing & Communications
Permanent, Full Time
CentrePort Canada Inc. is seeking a motivated and creative marketing and communications professional who is excellent at building and managing relationships to join our dynamic team.
CentrePort Canada Inc. is the master planner and facilitator of development for a 20,000 acre inland port project. We are responsible for business development and investment attraction activities that support economic growth and create jobs, and marketing and promoting the inland port locally, nationally and internationally.
The Specialist, Marketing & Communications is responsible for creating meaningful brand experiences for partners, stakeholders and companies who are considering setting up operations at CentrePort. The successful candidate will be excited to craft compelling content and stories: The story of North America’s largest trimodal inland port and how it’s driving prosperity for decades to come, and the story of businesses at CentrePort who are making a global impact.
This role will play a pivotal part in advancing CentrePort’s marketing, communications and investment attraction goals and will receive support from the Business Development Coordinator.
The Specialist, Marketing & Communications is responsible and accountable for the following activities at CentrePort Canada Inc.:
Lead initiatives and execute activities to support CentrePort’s strategic plan, focusing on marketing, communications and investment attraction priorities
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to drive new investment and build relationships with prospects, partners, and key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to respond to client inquiries, prepare and present information packages/pitches and coordinate tours for investment prospects
- Participate in client meetings, presentations and in-person tours to showcase CentrePort to prospects and stakeholders
- Develop and implement marketing strategies aligned with corporate goals across multiple channels to enhance brand awareness and drive engagement
- Oversee online marketing efforts, including website management, social media, email campaigns, e-newsletter, and use digital analytics tools to measure and report on the performance of content marketing
- Produce customized marketing materials and presentations to support CentrePort’s leadership team in presenting the inland port’s value proposition to key stakeholders and prospects
- Produce all marketing and communications materials including news releases, corporate presentations, promotional materials, speaking notes, email communications and other products as required
- Engage with companies located at CentrePort to identify, craft and share compelling stories about businesses who are making a global impact
- Attend business events and networking functions to build relationships, promote CentrePort’s brand and act as a brand ambassador; some travel may be required
- Support event management through the creation of marketing collateral and other event planning duties including event execution
- Track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to marketing, communications and investment attraction efforts and prepare regular reports for the leadership team highlighting achievements, challenges and opportunities
- Help to identify, build and manage relationships with CentrePort Canada partners, agencies, and vendors
Required Skills and Competencies
The Specialist, Marketing & Communications is required to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field (an equivalent of work experience will be considered)
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to work autonomously with a high degree of accountability within a hybrid work environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Experience developing marketing and communication plans and materials
- Proficient in using marketing tools such as, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, MailChimp, HubSpot, WordPress and social media platforms
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle
The Specialist, Marketing & Communications reports to the Executive Director, Marketing & Communications.
Please submit resume and cover letter by February 5, 2024 to: email@example.com