On March 25, 2022, the Government of Manitoba and CentrePort Canada Inc. announced Focus Equities Inc. as the developer of the CentrePort Canada Rail Park. This 665-acre rail serviced industrial development is a unique real estate offering in the Canadian marketplace and is set to begin construction this summer.
“As we emerge from this pandemic our government is focused on working with our economic development partners, industry and trade to unlock Manitoba’s true economic potential,” said Premier Heather Stefanson. “This development – in the heart of the country – will support our vision to make Manitoba a true trade gateway nationally and internationally. Expected to create more than 4,800 direct and indirect jobs and have a significant impact on the province’s GDP, the Rail Park project will help us bolster our economy and attract new businesses, now and well into the future.”
The Rail Park combines industrial space with logistics infrastructure to make it a prime location for companies serving regional and global clients.
- Fully serviced lots from 6.9 to 46.5+ acres, lots can be combined
- Zoned I3 – Heavy Industrial
- Developer will consider build-to-suit projects
- Strategically located in the R.M. of Rosser, adjacent to the City of Winnipeg
- Located south of the Canadian Pacific Carberry sub (CP’s main east-west line across Canada)
- Within the federal interswitching zones for access to three Class 1 rail carriers from the site
- Access to interstate-quality highways on both east and west sides of the Park, allowing for 5 mins to 90 km/55 mph
- Increased efficiency with the intersection of trimodal transportation, allowing goods to move seamlessly between rail, truck and air cargo
Visit the links below for all the details on this exciting project!
Media Release – March 25, 2022
Manitoba Inc. – On the Rails (Cover feature)
Winnipeg Free Press – CentrePort’s Integrated Inland Port Moves Closer to Reality
Economic Development Winnipeg – CentrePort Canada Rail Park Offers ‘Tri-Modal Dream’ for Companies